This knife is a handcrafted 8" Japanese style kiritsuke. A kiritsuke always helps slice meat, vegetables, fish and cooked food with comfort and ease. This knife is handcrafted by very experienced craftsmen with decades of experience of knife hand-making. The blade is 67 layer VG10 damascus steel featuring a forged and highly acid etch washed finish. The fine convex grind of the edge forms a nice arcuate shape and an extremely sharp performance. We also apply rosewood and buffalo horn, jointed with nickel silver for the handle. With the simple and classic design, the whole body applies a full tang structure to achieve the best balance and longest using durability.
- Knife Type: 8" Kritsuke chef knife
- Handle Length: 13.7 cm
- Overall Length: 36.2 cm
- Blade thickness: 2.2mm
- Blade Length: 21 cm
- Blade Material: VG10 damascus steel
- Layer: 67 layer with fishbone pattern
- Handle Material: buffalo horn, rosewood and nickel silver
- Blade Edge: convex grind
- Blade Finish: acid etch washed finish
- Core hardness: HRC61+/-1
- Origin: handcrafted in China
- Parallel Import: No
- Do not use the knife for any other purpose than cutting food.
- Use the knife to cut fruits, vegetables, fish and meats with no bones.
- Cut on blade-friendly surfaces such as wood, plastic or rubber.
- Please hand wash the knife with mild dish soap, rinse and towel thoroughly dry after use. Dishwasher use is NOT recommended.
- Store the knife properly in the knife block, in a sheath, or in the padded protective box.